Online Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® classes with Meerenai Shim, Guild Certified Feldenkrais PractitionerCM
Ongoing Weekly Classes
Saturdays at 8AM, Pacific
Cost: $5 or Pay what you can
Update Nov 19, 2022: There will be no class on Nov 19 and Nov 26. (This note added just in case there are some display issues with the Google calendar below.)
Just drop in. No experience needed. You are welcome to join every week or whenever you want.
These classes are taught online via Google Meet (aka Hangouts). You need a Google account if you are using a mobile/tablet device. No Google account is required if you are using a computer.
How to join:
- Pay for the class.
- You will get a link for the class with your email receipt.
Low on funds? Join without paying!
- Click on one of the classes on the calendar above.
- Then click on “copy to my calendar” (if you use Google Calendar) or, click on “more details” and then click on the “Join Hangouts Meet” link.
What to expect at an Awareness Through Movement class
- Many lessons will be on the floor, some will be seated in chairs, and some might be in standing. If you have difficulty laying down or getting up from the floor, please tell your instructor before the class starts. In most cases we can modify the lesson to accommodate you or we will simply change the lesson to a sitting lesson.
- Wear warm, comfortable, and layered clothes. Some lessons are very active and you will want to be able to take off your sweater if you need it. Some lessons are relatively still with very small movements so you will want to zip up your hoodie or bring a light blanket if you get easily chilled.
- No shoes are worn during the lessons. Bring socks if you don’t normally wear them in case it gets cold. Some lessons work best without socks and you will be asked to take them off.
- Bring an exercise mat or yoga mat.
- After the lesson, don’t do anything strenuous (physical or mental) for a few hours, if possible. By the end of the class, your nervous system will become more sensitive or finely tuned. It’s helpful to experience that state of awareness for a bit longer before you return to the rigors of everyday life.